Property Information Resources
The Internet has a vast amount of information about the property market, but not all of it is accurate or relevant to Australian buyers.
Aus Property Professionals recommends these websites when you’re researching before purchasing a property:
- www.sqmresearch.com.au – location demographics, rental property vacancy rates and properties currently on the market.
- www.abs.gov.au – federal government statistics for population growth and employment.
- www.rpdata.com – Australian property market statistics and general information.
- www.bis.com.au/bis_shrapnel_blog.html – business and property forecasting blog.
- www.firsthome.gov.au – Australian state and territory First Home Buyer’s Schemes.
STAMP DUTY INFORMATION
- ACT: www.revenue.act.gov.au/duties/conveyance-duty
- NSW: www.osr.nsw.gov.au/taxes/transfer-land
- QLD: www.qld.gov.au/housing/buying-owning-home/advice-buying-home/transfer-duty
- SA: www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/taxes-and-duties/stamp-duties/real-property-land
- VIC: www.sro.vic.gov.au/land-transfer-duty
- WA: https://www.finance.wa.gov.au/cms/State_Revenue/Duties/Assessment_of_Duty.aspx